As a new initiative, nine new Special Interest Groups (SIGS) have been set up to operate at the forthcoming International Society of Music Education (ISME) world conference Thessaloniki, Greece July 15-20th 2102.
One of these is the Active Music Making (AMM) SIG which is focused on studying, promoting, and advancing music pedagogies that facilitate students actively making music.
The aims of the AMM SIG are to demonstrate, promote, and advance well-established music pedagogies based on active music-making (e.g. Orff, Dalcroze, Kodály, Gordon and others). Activities will include dedicated workshops, papers, posters and symposia. Please email for more info.
We invite you to submit a proposal in one or more of these categories – workshops, papers, posters and/or symposia as part of the Active Music Making SIG. Submissions for each individual presenter are limited to a maximum TOTAL of four, with a limit of two submissions in any of these categories. The deadline for submissions is midnight (your time) October 1st, 2011.
1. Log into the system at www.isme.org – you need to be a current financial ISME member to apply
2. Click on Submit or Edit Saved Proposal
3. Click on Submit Proposal for World Conference
4. The only other choice is Commissions – SIGs are part of the World Conference
5. Submit Proposal for World Conference (including SIGs and Vocal & Instrumental Forum)
6. Click on which type of submission
7. You get to the Submission page. In the Topics/Area menu, click on the name of the SIG – Active Music Making!
We are looking forward to having you as part of our very first Active Music Making SIG.